18 May NexGreen Can Now Get Rid of Your Mosquitoes
It took its time, but the warmer weather is finally here. That means more time outside relaxing in your yard with family, friends and neighbors.
This also means it’s about time to start fighting off mosquitoes, everyone’s least favorite party crashers.
That’s why NexGreen is excited to announce that we now offer mosquito spray service for our Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio customers. *
NexGreen’s Mosquito Spray Service is:
Our program includes
- Property evaluation by one of our knowledgeable, friendly technicians
- Six consecutive applications from late spring to early fall to ensure consistent protection
We also offer one-time special occasion spray service for events like:
- Graduation parties
- Family reunions
- Wedding receptions
- Birthday parties
- Neighborhood barbecues
Why Mosquito Control Matters
Mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance; they can spread harmful disease like West Nile virus, encephalitis, and heartworm. Cases of West Nile virus have been reported in nearly all 50 states, including Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia. With changing weather patterns, mosquito populations could be on the rise, too. Using a professional mosquito control service and taking your own steps to reduce populations can help protect your loved ones and pets.
How to Control Mosquitoes in Your Yard
You can increase the effectiveness of professional mosquito control by taking the following steps in your yard to manage mosquito populations:
- Get rid of standing water. Even a few tablespoons of water is enough to attract the buggers. Common spots we forget about are tire swings, clogged gutters, and tubs or buckets tucked behind sheds, garages, or under decks. If you must have bird baths or pet bowls outside, change their water frequently
- Run fans. If you have a ceiling fan on your front porch or can bring a standing fan outside on your deck, they help move around the carbon dioxide we exhale, which can repel mosquitoes.
- Diversify your garden! Some plants that may help deter mosquitoes include catnip, rose-scented geranium, basil, lemon balm, rosemary, and peppermint. Add those to your herb garden or patio containers.
- Burn burn burn. Light a few citronella candles and if you’re grilling, throw a few sprigs of fresh rosemary onto the hot grill to naturally repel mosquitoes.
More Than Just Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes aren’t the only ones to ruin outdoor fun! We offer a full range of Xterior Pest Control services for all of our locations:
- Flea Control
- Tick Control
- Perimeter Pests (chiggers, spiders, silverfish, earwigs, and centipedes)
While mosquito spray service is currently only available in our Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio markets, we are working to bring it to our Michigan market soon.*
Would you like to learn more about NexGreen’s Mosquito Spray Service? Can we help you with fleas, ticks, or perimeter pests? Contact us today and let’s get rid of those unwelcome visitors!
*Prince George’s county in Maryland does not offer mosquito spraying. We apologize for any inconvenience.